Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blogging Experience

            My blogging experience for this class this far has been good. I have never used a blog before for class. At the beginning of this course I thought I would get confused having assignments due in various places, but I made a checklist to be sure the locations were correct. In the beginning I was confused as to how to tell what a page or two pages were using a blog. After the first assignment, I just type my blog posts in Word and copy and paste them into my Blogger. That so far was the only con about using a blog.
            I feel that using a blog is like a diary and you can document what your thoughts are for various topics. However, it is similar to submitting an assignment to D2L. I feel the reason why this class required a blog was to get us used to using different forms of technology that we can use in our classroom some day. Technology is enhancing the classroom in so many ways and it’s important for us to be updated and know the ways we can use it in the classroom. An example of using a blog in the classroom would be for journal entries; instead of keeping a journal or notebook it could all be done via technology. This brings to mind something I heard on the radio the other day. They were saying that soon students will be assessed in typing rather than handwriting and have to be proficient in it. If this becomes more popular, then having an assignment like journal entries on the computer would be beneficial.
            Overall, I have found nothing negative about using Blogger for submitting my assignments for this class. I enjoy the fact that all my assignments can be viewed on one page instead of opening up multiple documents. It has been a good experience thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment